Heraldic Societies and Newsgroups
United Kingdom – National — United Kingdom – Local — Other Universities — Commonwealth — Europe — The Americas — Asia — International — Newsgroups — Miscellaneous
National Societies within the United Kingdom
Local Societies within the United Kingdom
Heraldry Societies at Other Universities
- At present there appear to be none – certainly none with web pages.
If anyone knows any different, please e-mail us!
- The Oxford University Heraldry Society – much older than C.U.H.&G.S. – passed into one of its periods of suspended animation in the late 1980s or early 1990s. An attempt has recently been made to revive it and talks have taken place.
- Our records show that an Edinburgh Heraldry Society was formed in 1961. Its fate is unknown.
Societies within the Commonwealth
Societies in Europe
Societies in the Americas
- The Armiger Society (as its name suggests, a society for armigers)
- The Augustan Society – an American-based "international genealogical, historical, heraldic and chivalric society" founded in 1957 – has an heraldic section
Societies in Asia
Main Page of Cambridge University Heraldic and Genealogical Society
Main Page of University of Cambridge
Contact Officers of the Society by electronic mail
Cambridge University Heraldic and Genealogical Society
Last updated St Michael and All Angels, 2007