David Lumsden of Cushnie, M.A., F.S.A.(Scot.)
Garioch Pursuivant of Arms, 1986-2008
- Born: May 25th, 1933 in Quetta, Baluchistan
- Son of Henry Gordon Strange Lumsden, Major in the Royal Scots, of Nocton Hall, Lincolnshire by his wife Sydney Mary, only child of Brigadier-General Charles Allen Elliot;
- Baron of Cushhie-Lumsden to 2004.
- Arms – Azure a buckle or between two wolves' heads erased in chief and an escallop argent in base, a bordure ermine charged with three towers sable; above the shield, behind which is placed his feudo-baronial mantle gules doubled of silk argent, fur-edged of miniver and collar ermine and fastened on the right shoulder by five spherical buttons or (in respect of his feudal barony of Cushnie) and from which are pendent by their proper ribands the badges of a Knight of Honour and Devotion in the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, and of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of St George, is placed a chapeau gules furred ermine (in respect of his said feudal barony), thereon an helm befitting his degree with a mantling azure doubled or;
- Crest – A naked arm embowed environed of an armlet ermine grasping asword point downwards proper;
- Badge – A wolf sejeant proper;
- Motto – Dei dono sum quod sum [By the grace of God I am what I am];
- Badge – Azure a St Andrew's cross argent in the hoist and of four tracts azure and or. On which is depicted his crest on a chapeau gules furred ermine in the centre compartment and the said badge in the first and third compartments with the motto Dei dono sum quod sum in letters argent upon two transverse bands sable.
- Heraldic Appointment
- Garioch Pursuivant of Arms, 1986.
- Other Appointments
- Died: August 29th, 2008 in Fort William.
Return to:Main Page of Cambridge University Heraldic and Genealogical Society
Main Page of University of Cambridge
Contact Officers of the Society by electronic mail
Cambridge University Heraldic and Genealogical Society
Last updated St Matthew, 2008